How can owners ensure business continuity when they’re ready to relinquish ownership and management responsibilities?
Achieving Operational Excellence
In a complex and rapidly changing industry, operational excellence is critical for creating a sustainable competitive advantage and preparing your business for the challenges of tomorrow.
Transform your operational capabilities by implementing industry-leading management practices tailored to your business needs and objectives. We work with all types of construction firms – general contractors, construction managers, heavy civils, specialty trades, industrials – to optimize performance and profitability.
Our operations consultants focus on:
Contractor Operating Models
- Gain control over your operations and create more consistent performance by synchronizing projects and teams with an agile and adaptable operations system.
- Develop structure, processes, tools and metrics that are repeatable, standardized and support your long-term strategy.
Labor Intensive Contractors – Productivity Improvement
- Improve your labor productivity by 5% to 10%. With an average of one out of every three labor hours deemed nonproductive, these productivity gains can help increase net profit margins by 50% to 100%.
- Create customized, field-focused processes tools and key performance indicators (KPIs) that drive labor performance.
Equipment Intensive Contractors – Fleet Optimization
- Create a strategic approach to fleet management that adds at least 2% to net profits and reduces capital needs by a minimum of 3%.
- Understand the unique opportunities and risks that come with running an equipment intensive organization and determine ways to better manage your capital.
General Contractors & Construction Managers – Project Controls
- Increase your project-level gross margins by implementing world-class project controls.
- Enhance your management of subcontractors and suppliers, who are approximately 80% of direct costs for GC/CMs, by streamlining your planning, documentation, schedule, cost, quality and closeout processes.
Preconstruction and Estimating
- Set your firm apart from the competition with best-in-class preconstruction services that professionally deliver schedule, scope and cost certainty for your clients.
- Develop successful methods for project selection, cost estimation, overhead recovery and yield pricing that improve your bottom line.
- Establish sophisticated subcontractor risk management practices that support your subcontractor default and captive insurance strategies, protecting your balance sheet and increasing your bottom line.
- Plan for and mitigate all aspects of enterprise risks from areas such as safety, cybersecurity, theft, surety, indemnification, subcontractor defaults, claims and change orders, to preserve and grow profits.
Addressing common concerns about working from home now and supporting employees through the current disruption will improve trust, reduce worker turnover and build teams that are invested in your […]
An examination of the new normal COVID-19 productivity factor.
What does increased competition mean for your business? How will you become more competitive?
Are you ready to improve your operations?
Let our team of experts help optimize your operations and improve your productivity and performance.